Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Got a Deer today

Sorry no pictures, everyone knows what a deer looks like. Besides I prefer the pictures where they are upright and in their environment.

The weather was comfortable and next week gun season starts. The deer walked in almost exactly were I thought it would be. I could tell it could sense my presence, It was stomping. My heart was racing, and it was moving through the area faster than I thought it would. I probably shouldn't have taken the shot, I was sitting and I didn't know how far it was. Slow your breathing, steady your bow, thats about 35-40 yards...it all happens in slow motion but slipping away from your control, like in a dream. I let the arrow fly and heard a hearty thud sound, you know it when it hits like that. Now the work starts...as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment